Up-to-the-minute information about current engineering works and any other service disruptions on Gatwick Express
Disruption to Southern and Gatwick Express services expected until 14:00Show detailsHide details
Due to a number of incidents today, train services running across the whole Southern and network may be cancelled, delayed by up to 10 minutes or revised. Disruption is expected until 14:00.
These incidents range from:
- A fault with the CCTV system at Rye earlier today which meant a reduction in services and the Rye shuttles have been cancelled until further notice.
- Earlier Engineering works not being completed on time at Upper Warlingham.
- An earlier fault with the signalling system between Tattenham Corner and Purley.
- An earlier fault with the signalling system between Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill.
- Earlier today the 11:13 West Worthing to Brighton service broke down at Worthing with a brake fault.
To add to these issues Southern are now experiencing a ripple affect across their network and especially in the Metro area.
Teams are working hard to reduce delays and plans are in place to restore the train services timetable as quickly as possible. Unfortunately whilst this is ongoing some services may still be subject to delays, short notice alterations and cancellations.
Check before you travel:
Please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner to check your journey before you travel.
If you would like to follow this incident on Twitter, please use #LondonVictoria
You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.
We want to make information better - tell us how! Fill out this online Disruption Survey.
Last updated: 13:30
Autumn Timetable ChangesShow detailsHide details
From 16 October – 8 December 2017 some services will be removed from the timetable.
Please click here for more information.
Last updated: 12/10/2017 03:20
Check live departures or arrivals at any station
Engineering work for Today
Please note that there is no planned engineering work for this date
To check for future disruptions visit the planned engineering works page.