New trains, better experience. Learn more about what to expect on board Gatwick Express.
In 2016 we introduced a brand new fleet of 27 British-made trains. Your 20-minute non-stop trip between London and Gatwick just got a lot more comfortable.
Each of the 108 new carriages was designed with the needs of airport travellers in mind:
- Dedicated luggage racks in every carriage
- Two double doors per carriage - plus more space around them to help you get on and off the train with luggage
- Improved on-board announcements and info in several languages
We've also given the on-board experience an upgrade:
- More First Class seats
- More tables
- A brighter ride, with reading lamps above every seat
- 2x2 seating with under-seat storage
- Accessible toilets and baby changers
- Better air-con for more comfort
Power sockets throughout each train make it easy to charge your tech. And with free Wi-Fi on board, you can easily check departure information, get Tube updates or start posting your holiday selfies.
We're sorry our WiFi is currently unavailable in one of our 27 sets of trains while we repair a train fault. If you find yourself in this part of the train, please move further down to the 'red' part of the Gatwick Express train to access the WiFi.